Tuesday, November 15, 2011

October 18, 2011

Hello,

On Saturday President Taylor called and told me that I was going to be training a new missionary the next two transfers. I was excited!  So I will be at the same house but I will have a new companion. And please don't call new missionaries green when they come in. That is something that Elder Holland has asked be removed from missionary vocabulary. I am thankful for the opportunity to train a new elder.

“Come on, dear brother, since the war is past, For friends at first, are friends again at last’” (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, sel. Joseph Fielding Smith [1976], 165–66).  These were the words of the prophet Joseph Smith when W.W. Phelps asked to return to the church. W.W. Phelps betrayed Joseph and the saints in Missouri causing much grief, pain, and loss of property and homes. W.W. Phelps realized what he had done and repented for his actions and asked forgiveness. May we forgive the ones who seek forgiveness. May we put behind us what is in the past and move on. May we destroy our enemies, by making them our friends.

I am thankful for all you have done, do, and will do for me.

Love, Elder Fagersten

No comments:

Post a Comment