Tuesday, November 15, 2011

August 1, 2011

Hello all! Before I tell you where I am I have a story. Elder Brown and I were riding down the street to go to an appointment. And it so happened that the hospital was on this street. We were waved down by a lady and she said her husband was in the hospital and he wanted a blessing. We said ok we can come after our appointment and that was ok with her. We then went to the appointment and then went to the hospital. When we got there his hand was all wrapped up and there were leaches on his fingers! We came to find out that he had been lubing his motorcycle chain and the sock he was using to put the greace on got caught in the chain and then he grabbed the sock and his fingers went through also. His pointer and pinky fingers were taken off. His middle and ring fingers were mangled. I'll send the pictures next week because I forgot my camera.

I'm in Peoria! I live in Peoria but my area is in Glendale. I am now covering two wards. One is the Foot Hills ward and the other is Sunburst ward. I am now companions with Elder Vaughan. He is a baller from South Carolina, Charleston. I'm living in a house with four other missionaries and it is really fun. I'm now in a car! I'm the designated driver and the senior companion. Which doesn't really mean a whole lot. We both are accountable for the decisions made in the companionship but the senior kind of has more accountablility. If that makes sence. But The work is going to go forth boldly and nobly.

I got to see Elder Kyle Gerber at transfer meeting. It was great to see him! And we are going home at the same time! We could and better be on the same flight home...don't take this as being trunky, at all.

I love you all and thank you for the prayers!

Elder Fagersten

No comments:

Post a Comment