Saturday, April 7, 2012

January 23, 2012

This week I gave a talk in Sacrament meeting. It was based on the talk President Uchtdorf gave in April 2009 General Conference called "The way of The Disciple." It was a wonderful opportunity and experience. I was asked two weeks in advance to prepare for this talk and I had plenty of time. I began preparation immediately. Listening to other talks from Conference, getting quotes, looking up scriptures, making notes on the margins of my copy of the talk, etc. About a week before I was to give the talk I was pretty much done I just needed to organize everything together and make it flow. Thursday I didn't work on it. Friday I realized I had misplaced everything!! I couldn't find anything I had worked on. Boy was I grateful that I had prepared before hand. I had my focus already in mind and was able to reconstruct the talk to some extent. I wasn't as confident as I would have been had I been able to find everything I had prepared but it ended up all working out.
Running out of time.
Love you
Elder Fagersten in AZ

No comments:

Post a Comment