Saturday, April 7, 2012

January 17, 2012

iHola y'all!


This week was a great week. We had interviews with President Taylor. Elder Hastings and I won the cleanest car award. They award by district. There are two district's in our zone. But, it was also the cleanest car in the Zone. We then went out for pizza:)

I'm in Sedona for another transfer. It is great up here.

I've been reading through the Book of Mormon again. I'm in Alma where Helaman and the stripling warriors are talked about. If you read the descriptions of the stripling warriors, it is always about how they are young, their minds are firm, they put their trust completely in God, and they have courage. The most important description is not that they are young. Because, we can't always be young. But, we can work continually on the other attributes of the stripling warriors. In my study journal I asked "how can we make our minds firm?" To me, that is the first attribute we need to obtain. Because our thoughts lead to our actions. A few scriptures came to mind as I pondered this question. Doctrine and Covenants 84:85. Doctrine and Covenants 88:69,124. Alma 7:32. As we strive to consecrate our lives to the Lord we will find peace and prosperity. The Gospel requires sacrifice, and you may have to sacrifice something good for something better.

Love Elder Fagersten in AZ.

No comments:

Post a Comment