Monday, June 6, 2011

may 23, 2011

HI!!

It has been a late start to the heat. I am thankful for that. When the monsoons come it is desert hot, so like 105 plus degrees, with like 80% humidity. It will be a joy :)

I had an epic crash on my bike this week! Thankfully I was wearing my biking gloves. I was making a turn and my bike slid out from underneath me and I slid on my chest. My hands went out first and then it was a penguin slide from there. Hahaha my name tag is no longer all black. There are some pretty good scars on the name tag. But I came up with no injuries, my bike had no damage, and my shirt was torn apart.

But on a more spiritual note. I learned that Alma 18:27 is the shortest verse in the Book of Mormon. Even more spiritual is how amazing it is to see the little miracles that happen everyday. For example, Elder Brown and I were teaching a lesson one Sunday night and got done at about 8:50pm. We are supposed to be in our apartment at 9:00 or 9:30 if we are teaching a lesson. Once we got to our bikes my back tire was completely flat. So we thought we would take the bus back home. We were waiting for the bus to come till about 9:10. Then Elder Brown said,"uh oh, I don't think the buses run after 6 on Sunday." And they don't!!! So we ran with our bikes back to our apartment and made it with one minute to spare. It would take us about 9-10 minutes on a bike. And remember this is much higher altitude than Iowa. But, because we were being diligent in helping others come closer to Christ we were able to continue to be obedient. The Lord provides a way for all things good to happen. Even if it seems insignificant. But the Lord loves obedience and He didn't set us up to fail in this life. He will provide ways for us to succeed. I love the church. Church on Sunday is really a rejuvenating experience that helps you through the next week. And there will be something said that you need to hear.

Love,
Elder Fagersten

No comments:

Post a Comment