Monday, June 6, 2011

May 16, 2011

Hi!! 
Things are going great here in the North Mountain Ward! I am in Phoenix but I'm mostly in the Sunnyslope area. My mission doesn't go into downtown Phoenix but it goes around it. The desert is very different. It's flat then mountians and dry!  I didn't believe it when I was told that your sweat would evaporate off your skin, but it does!  The only thing that gets wet is my back because my backpack is there to block the sun. The only time I feel the sweat is when we are in the shade.

There are so many...interesting people in Phoenix.  I've learned that there are a lot more people that will refuse you than will listen. Its hard but the ones that listen make it all worth it; to see the improvement in their lives. That desire to change and then to have the direction to go somewhere with that desire is a wonderful work. But a huge part in the work is finding. If we don't have anyone to teach we cannot do what we are called to do. Which is to invite others to come unto Christ by helping them recieve the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement. Faith, repentance, baptism, recieving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end.  Invite others to learn. The church only brings you closer to Christ and enlightens further. Reading the Book of Mormon and coming to church are two vital things in gaining a testimony that this is the True Church of Jesus Christ. It has His Priesthood Authority in which we can perform saving ordinances such as baptism. I love this gospel and am so glad that I can go about sharing something that has made me so happy.

I love you all and thank you for your love and support.
 Love, Elder Fagersten

No comments:

Post a Comment