Saturday, April 7, 2012

March 4, 2012

Wow. The emails that I received this week were inspired. Thank you all who wrote me.

This past week has been very good. I've learned an important lesson this week. When I take my vitamins as directed, daily, I forget the difference it makes in my day to day tasks. For me, things are going just fine. I don't always remember what they do for me. Then I run out or stop, and untill I stop taking my vitamins, as I should, I don't realize the support, energy, and health I enjoy while I am taking the vitamins. With that, I begin to take the vitamins daily, as I should. Even then, I don't always recognize the effects right away. But, through consistently taking my vitamins I again enjoy the blessings of staying properly nourished. (Sister Taylor would be so proud!)


Now here is the real lesson. Liken what you just read to prayer. When we are praying everyday, as we should, do we forget the difference it makes in our day to day tasks? When we don't pray, as we should, do we realize the difference it makes? When we do pray we enjoy the blessings that come from staying spiritually nourished. We receive more support, energy, and health. Both spiritually and physically. We will receive increased faith in our Lord Jesus Christ. We will feel His presence more in our lives. We will truly develop a relationship with our Heavenly Father. We will begin to understand how he speaks to us through the Holy Ghost. Prayer is like taking my vitamins.

That was just a neat connection I made this week. I wanted to share it with you.

Elder Duke is great. We will have a great time together. I think a time of exceeding growth. Thanks for all of the emails and prayers and thoughts.

Love Elder Fagersten in AZ

No comments:

Post a Comment